Lady Overlander Radio is a brand new podcast featuring female overlanders. This is an exciting resource as interest in the vehicle-based adventure lifestyle continues to grow each year.
The host of Lady Overlander Radio is Misti Tokarsky. She’s a full-time overlander, retired veteran of the United States Coast Guard, and mom of three. She brings a lot to every podcast conversation with her background in travel, leadership, service, and breaking ground for women.
Opening photo: Joe and Misti Tokarsky camp with Brittany and Eric Highland in Arizona
It was my privilege to be Misti’s podcast guest for Episode 1. Grab a cup of coffee or glass of wine, and listen in on this transparent conversation between friends.
- How we started our nomadic lifestyle of full-time travel in 2014 and then discovered overlanding in 2018
- The route and timing of our drive around the world
- What scares me most when it comes to global travel
- The importance of knowing your overland vehicle’s payload capacity and staying within it
- Our experience with auxiliary fuel tanks, including in mainland Mexico, and why we chose the Long Range America tank
- Our plan for Caspian’s education on the road and general philosophy about homeschooling, unschooling, roadschooling, and worldschooling (all the schooling!)
- My personal education experience as a homeschooler through 12th grade
Any questions you’d like to ask me about overland travel as a woman, traveling with kids, or anything else? Leave a comment below.