We crossed the border on October 9, 2021, to begin our drive around the world. With more than three months behind us, it’s time for a big-picture update. Is the trip living up to our expectations? How are we feeling? What have been our biggest challenges? We answer these questions and more in this week’s video.
We also answer some of the questions you submitted on social media, online forums, and Patreon.
In addition to a recap of our travels so far, here is the complete list of questions we tackle:
- For Caspian: what have you enjoyed the most in Mexico?
- For Caspian: what has been your biggest frustration?
- What are the most amazing things we’ve done so far?
- How are we feeling after three months in interior Mexico?
- What’s going on behind the scenes?
- Where are we headed?
- What are the biggest challenges we’ve faced?
- What is driving in Mexico like?
- Do you miss not having pets?
- What was the moment you decided you could and would do this trip?
- How do you keep your kid occupied on longer driving days?
- How far in advance do you plan your next stop, especially when making Airbnb reservations?
- Do you miss sleeping in Dauntless [our Jeep home] when you stay in Airbnbs?
- Do you have timeframes set for each area or country you visit?
- How do you decide when to move on?
The best part of this video is Caspian! Some of your questions were for him and his responses are really precious. He also made an after-bedtime surprise appearance while Eric and I were filming.
You may wonder why this isn’t a Live Q&A video like we’ve done in the past. Internet continues to be a challenge here in Mexico. Even though we have WiFi in the fourth largest city in the country, the connection isn’t strong enough for live streaming. So we did the next best thing by taking your questions beforehand, so we could still include you!
What’s next for us?
My ebook releases tomorrow! I am really excited about how it turned out. If you missed our earlier announcements, the ebook is called “What We Wish We’d Known Before Overlanding Full-time,” and it’s a collection of our hard-won lessons from eight years of full-time travel, including the past three years of overlanding.
The ebook is free (for now). You can get it tomorrow by subscribing to our email list, which is how I’ll send out the ebook file.
Subscribe for my free ebook
“What We Wish We’d Known Before Overlanding Full-time” releases Friday, January 28!
After seeing the Aztec pyramids at Teotihuacán on Sunday, we’ll leave Puebla on Monday morning. We’re heading east into the state of Veracruz and I couldn’t be more excited. This is actually the state where Eric’s mom was born, so I’ve wanted to visit for a long time. I’m also looking forward to seeing the ocean again!
Wonderful to see all the questions answered in video format. And Caspian is so eloquent with his comments as well. Thank you for taking time to film, edit and upload this 3 month review of your global travels. I feel like you are my personal travel guides to my bucket list destination 🙂 VIVA MEXICO! 🇲🇽
Thank you for asking your questions! It was fun to get Caspian involved. If this it what it looks like to be your personal travel guide, then I really love it! Haha.