If you’ve never done it before, then driving through Mexico is a huge unknown. Before we made our first trip at the beginning of 2019, we had SO many questions. In this week’s video, we answer the top 10 most frequently asked questions about driving through Mexico, using the experience we’ve gained from our three overland trips in the country.
Here are the 10 questions we answer in the video:
- Which border crossing should I use to enter Mexico?
- What if I don’t know Spanish?
- Is Mexico safe?
- Will my overlanding vehicle stick out in Mexico?
- Should I wait until my kids are older to overland in Mexico?
- What should I know about driving through Mexico?
- Is there dispersed or wild camping in Mexico?
- Should I be worried about the drinking water in Mexico?
- What is different about Mexico right now, due to COVID-19?
- Where should I go if I’m visiting Mexico for the first time?
We had a lot of fun putting this video together for you. As a family, one of our passions is dispelling myths about Mexico and the Mexican people, and encouraging people to cross the border for a visit.
Enjoy and comment with your questions!
What else is going on?
Yesterday, I published an important article about our parenting philosophy and philosophy of education as we drive around the world with our son, Caspian. Please share with any parents you know who need encouragement. Travel is good for everyone, including our children! Here’s the article.
Our Hourless Life store is up and running with t-shirts, stickers, and a long-sleeve tee, hoodie, beanie, and trucker hat. So far all the reviews we’ve been getting from customers have been great, and we’ll launch new designs in 2022.
Today, one of our friends and Patreon supporters flies in for a short visit. We can’t wait to share the city of Guanajuato with him. And our almost 18-year-old son flies in Sunday for Christmas. Christmas has really crept up on us this year, but we are enjoying the season and trying to slow down to enjoy it.