After years of preparation, our family has started to drive around the world! We crossed into Mexico on October 9, and we’re now 450 miles south of the Texas border. Mexico City is 260 miles southeast of us.
Using miles feels forced now, since distance down here is measured in kilometers!
We’ve had safe and interesting travels since we crossed the border, with a healthy dose of challenges (the type that humor can easily see you through).
Our first YouTube video from Mexico went up today, allowing you to see what life is really like at the border and just south of it right now. You’ll see:
- Our land border crossing at Eagle Pass, Texas, in our Jeep Gladiator
- What happened when we drove through the “no declarations” lane
- Our first moments in Mexico as we made our way through the town of Piedras Negras
- The hoops we had to jump through to get legal with our personal visas and vehicle permit
- The campgrounds we found for our first two nights in Mexico in the states of Nuevo Leon and San Luis Potosí, and the roads we drove to get to them
- Why we chose a Jeep Gladiator to drive around the world, as we enter a colonial-era city and find a place to park
Enjoy the video!
Don’t miss a moment
Take advantage of all the ways you can follow our journey around the world:
- Join the journey on Patreon, where we post personal behind-the-scenes updates and provide benefits like monthly expense reports to our patrons
- Subscribe to our email newsletter to stay up to date on trip highlights and recent news (it only goes out every two weeks, so you won’t be overwhelmed)
- Visit HourlessLife.com for our most recent articles (right now we’re working on a complete build list for our Jeep Gladiator)
- Subscribe on YouTube
- Follow us on social media via the platform of your choice: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest
We’re so grateful to our community members for their encouragement and virtual company. Mexico is magical and we’re thrilled to be here, but there’s still a time of transition for our family as we learn a new rhythm and adjust to a new culture.
Whatever your dream, we hope you’re inspired today to take a tangible step that moves you closer to it.